Client Success ManagerBack
LAKANA is an enterprise-class technology company that provides solutions for media publishers. Customers of our products and services are among the leading media and news companies in the world.
LAKANA delivers SaaS-ready content management platforms, which seamlessly integrate with a comprehensive suite of products, partners and services that together enable media publishers to successfully operate profitable, secure, innovative and engaging businesses.
We're headquartered in St. Paul, MN, with additional offices and development centers in Los Angeles and India.
- You’re a passionate, empathetic customer advocate who deeply cares about the client experience and success. Your ability to truly listen to a customer’s needs and concerns and translate them into defined business objectives is legendary. You can hear what people want and help translate that into what they need.
- You have the ability to effortlessly make complex contractual and technical details sound simple.
- You have the best customer management and business consultancy skills around. You’re comfortable speaking with customers, no matter their level or title.
- Using impeccable relationship building skills, you can create win/win environments for everyone. However, you don’t shy away from being assertive and asking difficult questions, and are comfortable managing contentious and challenging situations.
- While not a developer, you’re a fast learner with a knack for understanding details. You love cutting edge technology and understand how hard implementation/adoption can be for others.
- You have crisis experience. You project calm confidence – and can put those around you at ease. You’re an expert at juggling competing demands and managing limited time.
- You’re team-oriented, but eager to act aggressively to get things done for clients.
The Client Success Manager is the primary liaison between LAKANA and our clients and is responsible for ensuring a world-class client experience. The Client Success Manager owns the post-sale relationship; proactively driving client satisfaction and ensuring client retention through daily client communication, inter-departmental coordination, monitored service delivery and coordinated issue management.
- Client Satisfaction: Establish strong client relationships through exceptional customer service, clear communication, attention to detail and rapid response to issues and requests. Manage client expectations and deliver on commitments. Drive customer loyalty and ensure clients realize the value of LAKANA’s products and services.
- Client Success: Understand the client’s business drivers and recommend appropriate products and tactics to help clients achieve their strategic and business objectives. Coordinate with Support, Product Management, Professional Services, Marketing and Engineering teams to evangelize new products and services to clients and respond to requests for custom development. Develop success stories and secure customer references.
- Client Advocate: Represent client interests within LAKANA, in a way that helps the organization understand and respond to client needs and objectives. Be a champion for responsiveness and issue resolution. Ensure LAKANA delivers a consistent world-class client experience across its services. Track customer metrics and maintain customer health reports with clear action plans.
- Service Delivery: Manage on-time and complete delivery of contracted products and services. Proactively anticipate questions and provide solutions to clients to ensure that issues are addressed as they arise.
- Product Expertise: Proactively provide product training, best practices and product demonstrations to clients. Maintain in-depth knowledge of LAKANA’s products.
- Issue Management: Serve as an escalation point for clients and be a liaison between Product Management, Support and the client for issues impacting their success. Provide clients with timely and appropriate communication around technical incidents and other issues.
- A bachelor’s degree, with 2+ years of client management experience (customer success or support, account management, project management, training, consulting, etc.). Proven customer service skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate with various audiences ranging from VP/C-level executives to front line users. Comfortable and confident diving into detail while recognizing the value of brevity.
- Able to build rapport with people easily, at any level, and develop long term relationships.
- Proven ability to engage, partner with, and influence stakeholders. Ability to handle a variety of client and employee situations with enthusiasm and tact; demonstrated ability to resolve customer conflicts successfully.
- Demonstrates ability to lead, work independently and take initiative to meet established timelines. Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, within an intense, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation and relate to clients and business needs.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop creative solutions with minimal direction.
- Ability to accept accountability and provide objective feedback.
- Responsibilities require some travel and occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with local news, digital media landscape and trends.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working within a local media organization (sales or newsroom), preferably with digital media experience.
- Excellent organization, project management, time management, and communication skills.
- Previous experience providing strategic advisory/consulting and/or account management services.
- Ability to lead cross function business and technical teams to provide timely issue resolution.
- Proficiency with JIRA and Confluence.
- A positive attitude with a sense of humor.
- Requires use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, printers, telephones and copiers.
- Requires sitting and computer-related activities for extended periods of time.